Technical Training Professionals provide site-specific, gas turbine-specific two-day training for the following machines on our database: 7EA, 7FA, LM2500, LM6000, LMS100, and SGT800. We have a wide variety of major equipment for which we can create a course that best suits your site.
Each gas turbine specific course will review the design and operation of major components and auxiliary systems that support its operation. Using 3D graphics, learning the complicated design and operation of these machines will be easy to comprehend.
For the 2-day course, ahead of the training date, TTP will walk down the site and assess system training needs in addition to the site-specific equipment selected. We will then present the equipment and system training on site.
Please contact us for further information and an outline of how we can meet your training requirements.
- Describe the purpose of the inlet air system
- Understand the components that compromise an inlet air system
- Explain how and why the air entering the compressor is controlled
- Explain how the compressor works
- Describe the position of IGV’s and compressor bleed valves during startup and shutdown of the turbine
- Explain the conditions causing compressor stall or compressor surge
- Describe the turbines combustor arrangement
- Describe the components in each combustor
- Describe the components of the fuel gas system
- Identify and explain the gas flow path to the turbine section
- Explain how the turbine operating modes are determined
- Understand how the lube oil system performs its purpose
- Describe the purpose of the DC emergency lube oil pump
- Describe the system used to keep oil out of turbine internals
- Describe the components in the hydraulic oil system
- Understand the operation of a typical servo valve
- Comprehend the components and operation of the gas turbine start system
- Describe the basic operation and components of the generator